I love giving people rides on our horse, Cat. ESPECIALLY when they've never ridden a horse before.
My two cousins came one spring/summer. At the time they were 2 and 6 or 7. The 2 year old, Hannah, rode Cat. She loved it! Cat was so very sweet too. As soon and Hannah was on her, Cat relaxed and gently followed me around the arena. It was like Cat new to be extra careful because Hannah was very young. Kirsten, the 7 year old, rode her also. She was able to walk and trot. It was also her first time on a real horse. And guess what, she loved it too!
I gave some lessons to a couple sisters from church. Kamden was about 6ish and Karina was 8. They did sooo well. They had ridden horses before, but never had lessons. They did so good and they got really excited about it.
Last summer my friend Violet came and spent the night. She had never ridden a horse before, so we went out and I let her ride Cat. Violet did so well that I was able to get on my other horse and ride with her almost immediately. The next morning we got up early so we could ride AGAIN!!
And just yesterday, me and a friend from church went to lunch. She's on spring break and wasn't doing anything else that day, so she came over to our house afterwards. She too had never ridden a horse.
We went out to see the horses and give them carrots, and Shelby decided she wanted to try riding. So off we went. I tacked up Cat and Shelby got on. I led her around until she got comfortable. She was practically shaking lol. She was the first person who I've given a ride to who was actually scared. But after a few times around she relaxed.
Now, it's not all the rider. Cat plays a big role in this. Cat is a 23 year old Quarter horse/Thoroughbred. She's very calm and easy going. And practically nothing scares her. So automatically people feel better around her because she basically just sits there! If she were a more hyper, active horse, she would be less comfortable for new riders. So the kind of horse also makes a difference in the experience.
But you see, this is what I want to do! I love when people come and are nervous about riding, or are unsure about it. Then they get on and after a few minutes they're enjoying it!
When someone has had an accident or they don't have the ability to say, walk, they go and ride a horse and the horse gives them freedom. When someone's injured, just sitting on the horse as the horse walks is comforting and is good for you. Even when I don't feel good I like to ride because it makes me feel better!
I want people to experience this. It's truly amazing. Just ask someone. :D
God created horses for us, and this is what I think He created them for. The healing and enjoyment of us, His children.
I graduated?!
10 years ago

1 comments:
Oh my gosh your cousin is sooo cute! and she looks so tiny! ;)
Post a Comment