So tonight was my first real time volunteering at Hunkapi. The last two weeks was training.
First, I groomed and tacked up Joe Tom. He's very sweet. :) Then this little boy came, (we're not allowed to share names), and he rode him. I led, and the the instructor and another lady side walked. It was so cool though, because the little boy was pretty much screaming and was upset. But as soon as he got on Joe Tom, he was completely calm. In fact, he almost fell asleep!!! Isn't that so amazing???
The instructor had him hold the reins on the 'green part' for 2 seconds. Then we trotted for 5 seconds, five times. And they got the little boy to hold the reins for 5 seconds! :D He had really good balance....and the instructor said I did good leading. Had a good pace. :)
After that, I got Will. He is a black Thoroughbred. And he is tall. And strong. I felt really small lol. About five students, 2 of which I think are volunteers, were going to take their Intermediate 1 test. I got to ride with them because Will needed to be exercised. Haha the instructor told me I needed tight reins with him...but apparently she meant really tight! Seriously the only way he would behave was if I had really short reins with him. I think the bit he was using ain't strong enough for him?? Eh? Maybe? Lol but that's okay...He's a Thoroughbred. What should I expect? Lol. He also had his girlfriend, Lily, in there with us. It's so cute cause he's pure black, and she's is pure white. And deaf. With pretty blue eyes. Can't blame him! Haha they're also stall buddies so...he kept trying to be by her...and he liked to race. Haha anyways...after that we took off all the tack, and then hosed the horses off.
And now, I have 13 hours of community service for Go! Almost there! Haha and now I'm sore.
But it was so worth it-the heat, running, speedy giant horse...hehe it was fun. Can't wait til next week!!!
I graduated?!
10 years ago

1 comments:
thats so awesome gorgeous!!!!!!!
love,
Josh
Post a Comment