BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Church

I love my church. EVERYTHING about it. Well, except tear down ;) That's whatchya get when you're part of a 'portable church.' But it's worth it!
Everywhere you go, you receive a friendly smile, good morning (or good night), hello, or a wave. It's like Disneyland. I swear! Happiest place in the world! I mean seriously, I feel at home there. I mean come on, wouldn't you love a church where you could be shoeless, in jeans and a t-shirt and not be stared at or made fun of? But yeah, it's just a GREAT place to be. You feel welcome. It's like one big family.

We are SO unique. The lessons are so simple and straight to the point. The music varies greatly! We put a huge effort into everything. And honestly, it's ranked number 3 on my favorite places in the world. If you wanna know, number 1 is home, number 2 is with my horses. Haha.

Being on the praise band, you get to see a lot of the, I guess you could say, 'behind the scenes' parts of the church. We have people that usually just come to service and then leave right away stay for tear down. Afterwards they say, "Wow. I never could've pictured this room as a drama room. Empty." Or "I never knew how much you guys do!"
It's so cool to be playing and see someone walk in the door who's singing along already. Awesomeness. :) And to see people singing along and clapping with us, getting involved, serving, or just being a friend to a new timer.

And I'm sad, because, even though tear down is a pain the rear, (it's still fun sometimes, and I know I'm doing something good) I'm going to miss it this weekend :( My dad is having back pain, and like 45 minutes after getting done with that, him and my mom and my bro have to go to GO training for 2 hours, and this weekend is the Leader's Meeting right after that. So my dad isn't going to stay for tear down. And my mom doesn't anyways, so there's no hope in helping tear down. :( Oh well..

Here's our church websites if you want to check em out :)Main website and here's the Student Ministry one.

On a side-note, the Music at the Mall was today. It went well, despite the fact that we were like right next to the kids little play area, which was loud! And I didn't like the piano they had..ugh. I felt like I had to pound on the keys to get just a little noise out of it. It just had this weird feeling. I didn't like it...and it was a Yamaha. Icky. Haha anywayz....

Love Wins,
Hayley

0 comments: