BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Dreams and Answers....

Some of you might've heard from my Facebook...but I want to share the whole story. There is this horse named Dude at Hunkapi. And since he is unable to work, they were looking for a home for him by tomorrow(September 1st) or else he would be put down. I found out about this on Friday the 28th. As soon as I heard about it I immediately thought of my friend Paige. She has had her first horse Bella for about a year now and has been somewhat looking for another. I knew she would love Dude. So I txted her about him and she said she was interested. I then e-mail Amanda about it and she gave me more details on him. But she didn't reply back with those details until Sunday night. This morning I forwarded the message to Paige and gave her Amanda's number, and later today she went to look at Dude. And at about 5:40 she called me, completely estatic because they were going to get Dude at 6:30! Amazing! And the surprising thing is, her birthday is tomorrow. What a present!

This is what Amanda replied to me with when I asked for more info on Dude...
"Yes, we would gladly give Dude to anyone who would give him a good home. He is an ex-cattle horse that is a registered Quarter Horse by the name of Tamulena Classey Dude. He is about 13 years old. We are retiring him from the program because he has navicular in his legs and a deep flexer tear. With the right shoeing he could be a really nice riding horse, but right now he just needs a place where he can rest for a while and be loved on. He has made tremendous progress over the last year and I am sure that he can make lots more, given some time. Unfortunately, without him able to work five days a week, he is not an asset to our program, so we must find a good home for him. He is an amazing horse with lots of personality and one who will come up to you and follow you around.
I hope this answers your question. If your friend wants to come out and take a look at him that is fine. We just need to know A.S.A.P.
Thank you for passing this information along. I am attaching a picture of him."

!!!

I haven't ever talked about this before, but one of my dreams, besides becoming a Hippotherapist, is owning a horse sanctuary. Particularly one for senior horses. Here's why-
It will be a place where senior horses can come and live out the rest of their life in peace. They can get all the proper care that they need, have fun, and gain companionship. I love the satisfaction of knowing that I made a difference in a horse’s life, that they felt loved, and that their last few years or months or weeks, or even days, were great. God tells us to take care of his creation. The reason I want to have a senior horse sanctuary is because of the amount of uncared for and unloved senior horses. Senior horses need more special care and attention. Some people don’t know how to do that, or they just don’t give it. When horses don’t get the attention and care they deserve, they can become bratty, ornery, and/or mean. Sometimes people have horses that are like that, and they think that they are just being brats. They don’t think about the fact that maybe their horse is being like that because of their physical pain or discomfort. So, because of that, I would want to offer help to those with horses like that. I would inform them of the reason their horse is most likely acting the way it is, and inform them of the way to fix it. If they wouldn’t be willing to do what it takes to fix it, I would be willing to take in their horse. After that, I would evaluate it, and first try to find a good, satisfactory forever home for him/her. If that failed, I would keep the horse at the sanctuary. Every horse at the sanctuary would have his own list of special needs. Each horse would get the best care and love possible.
The horses that I would end up keeping that are in good enough condition and have the right attributes could be used for my Hippotherapy.
Of course, this probably won't happen for quite sometime, given that anything to do with horses costs money; and lots of it! Plus, there's legal stuff involved and all that stuff...bleh. Haha.

Another thing on my mind....
Up until about the beginning of the month, I had this mindset that like if I went somewhere and saw someone for the first and last time, it didn't matter. I would never see them again. But my mind was quickly changed...

Then the Lord stretched ou t His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me, ''Behold, I have put My words in your mouth." Jeremiah 1:19

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. Jon 13:34-35

But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness, and walks in the darkness, and does not now where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes. 1 John 2:11

I realized that even though I may never see this person again, I want to have a positive influence on them. This is my one and only chance to show God's love to them. If it's opening the door for them, saying 'thanks'...anything.

0 comments: