Yesterday afternoon I checked the weather. The weather site predicted there was a 30% chance of rain, and that there might be light wind and thunderstorms. Well. They were SO wrong.
Around 10 o'clock last night I heard some slight thunder, so I went out to put the horses up in their stalls. As I was out there, I saw tons of lightning; and it was close.
I came inside and told my parents, then went onto facebook and wrote, "It's thundering!!! :O"
Soon after, my friend asked if it had rained yet. I said no. But literally ten minutes after I replied....
Sitting in bed, I heard the rain. It was POURING. No. Joke. I jumped out of bed and ran to tell my parents. They were happy but told me to go back to bed. I got back in bed, but I just could not sit there! I went through my door-that-used-to-be-a-window and slightly opened the back door. For about five minutes I stood there watching the lightning and listening to the pounding rain. But all of a sudden, there was a blinding flash. A monster strike of lightning lit up the sky, and as soon as it struck there was a majorly loud, crashing, splitting, jerking, thunderclap. :) And I mean, this thing was LOUD. It was insane. It stinkin knocked the power out! Thankfully it came back on.
Oh man though, the lightning bolt was something. It had one big, long, blueish yellow bolt, with tons of other ones coming out from it. And it was CLOSE. I swear, I could feel it's power. That sounds kind of crazy and cheesy, but that really what it felt like. It was so dang close. How do I know? 1. The thunder was extremely loud and came RIGHT after the strike.
2. It was right there smack in front of me!
It made me and 3 of our 4 dogs standing around me all jump.
I shut the door, and walked quickly to my parents' room with the dogs right behind me. I almost felt like I was going to cry or something. I marched into their room and said, ''I SAW THAT!!!!'' Then went on trying to explain it. My brother soon came into the room also. At one point, I looked down, and my Dachshund, Honey, was looking up at me terrified. So I picked her up. Eventually I went back to my room. Not for long ;)
My brother and I went and stood by the back door and watched some more lightning. Finally we went to bed. I could not fall asleep. My bed faces my only window, of which was being lit up by the lightning. A brilliant idea came to my mind. I ran and got my camera and recorded some of the rain and lightning. :) Satisfied, I, for the last time, got into bed. By this time, it had been pouring non-stop for about an hour.
Once again though, I couldn't fall asleep. Partly because my window was flashing at me every 2 seconds, and because I had Should've Been A Cowboy by Toby Keith stuck in my head, and because I kept thinking about what I was going to write! I narrate stuff in my head, and I can't stop. (At least I didn't have 'The thunder rolls, and the lightning strikes'...stuck in my head...)
So laying in bed, I had Oreo at the foot of my bed, snoring away. Then Daisy, my dog that is scared of thunder, laying next to me. And I had Honey laying as close as possible to me. (Her idea not mine.)
And finally...I fell....asleep. :)
But! I woke up at 5 a.m. It was raining. And thundering.
I fell back asleep around 6, and had to get up at 7. :)
This all reminds me of a time in Texas, almost ten years ago. We were visiting my Uncle Jason and Aunt Debbie. One night, there was a thunderstorm. This was no ordinary thunderstorm though I must warn you. This thunder was BEYOND LOUD. I mean, seriously, Jason went outside numerous times because he thought the lightning had struck something close by; that's how loud it was! The thunder made many car alarms go off, and it really, truly sounded like the neighbor's house had been hit. Or, blown up for that matter.
Later when we went to bed, I remember laying down thinking 'How am I going to fall asleep?!'
Every time the thunder boomed, I made some sort of noise....'gasp'...'Oh my goodness!'..."Mom!" ..."Did you hear that?!"....well you get the picture. My mom on the other hand was unbothered by it all. She quickly fell asleep.
When I woke up in the morning, I learned that my cousin(I can't remember how old she was then...young like 2 maybe?) had slept through the whole storm.
They were right when they said everything is bigger in Texas!
I prayed so many times last night...'God keep the neighbors safe, and our house, and all the horses...God this is amazing, I love it..keep us safe though!"...
And He did. :)
But wow, what a night. It was incredible.
There's a surprise at the end of this one ;)
But the sound you hear is the rain. Yes, it was that loud against the door.
This one is THE BEST. It too has a surprise at the end. This was when I was standing at my window recording lol. And well...you'll see...and hear... ;)
And so that was my night....
I graduated?!
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment