BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Thankful

So this last month, being at camp and all, I heard a lot of people talk about stuff that was going on in their lives. Most of it bad. And after a while, it started to bother me. We have SO much to be thankful for, and yet they continue to complain about some thing in their life and ignore all the things that are actually good.
I'm not saying I don't complain about stuff...I've just finally realized what I have.
Here's some things you can be thankful for, even when things aren't great.
-That God DIED for you, and He loves you and is ALWAYS there for you.
-Your family. It may be a bit messed up haha but family is family!
-Your parents. They may be divorced, or you may have only one, but at least you have them. There are thousands of orphans, and here you are with parents and you hardly thank them for everything they do for you.
-Your friends. Do I really need to explain that one?
-A house. A bed. Clothes. FOOD.
-AIR CONDITIONING!
-Money. You may never have 'enough' but you always seem to get through...(thank God for that one...)
-Pets. Seriously, pets can bring so much joy.
-A phone, or computer.
-Music. You may not obsess over music as much as I do, but everyone loves music.
-Church. My church isn't even in it's own building! But I love it, and God uses it.
-Knowing that no matter what happens, you will always have God. I remember Tasha and Christina said something a few weeks ago at church...It was that once we have accepted Christ, He is always in us. So wherever we are, no matter what is going on, He is with us.
-Knowing that when you die, you are going to the best place-Heaven.
-Your health. Most of us aren't seriously sick or anything, right?
-Our country's freedom. And really, Obama hasn't done anything too crazy yet has he? :P
-Religious freedom. We don't have to worry about being killed or punished for following God, unlike other countries.

So you see, we really have a lot to be thankful for. And the Bible says to praise God, even in the storms. :)

0 comments: