BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Verses

Wow, two posts in a day!
So I've been doing this thing where when I'm really bored or I just don't know what to do about something, I read a chapter of the Bible and write down everything that stood out....Here's some from today.

Proverbs 16:2-3 all the ways of a man are clean in his own sight, but the Lord weighs the motives. commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established.

Proverbs 16: 11 A just balance and scales belong to the Lord; All the weights of the bag are His concern.

Proverbs 16:17-18 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who watches his way preserves his life. Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before stumbling.

Proverbs 16:23 The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, and adds persuasiveness to his lips.

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Proverbs 17:14 The beginning of strife is like letting out water, so abandon the quarrel before it breaks out.

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is god medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.

Proverbs 17:27 He who restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.

-Hayley

1 comments:

ClosedRoseBud said...

Wow, how true those verses are. Proverbs 16:17-18 spoke the most to me. I have a serious problem with pride and whether or not someone is better than me. Pride comes before destruction... that verse never ceases to minister to me! Thank you, Hayley, for that reminder. I just wanted to let you know how God spoke through you to me.

Maddie