BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Let's Lather on Some S.O.AP.!!!

Okay, so I bet you're wondering what a S.O.A.P. is. Well, it's this bible study we do at my church. The word soap is an acrostic which stands for Scripture, Observation/Own Words, Application, and Prayer. We have a daily reading plan, and after we read that, we pick out a verse or two or three that stick out to us. We write that for the S. Then for O we write our observations--what we think the verse(s) mean. For A we write how we can apply what the verse meant to our life. And for P we write down a prayer asking God to help us with that. So pretty simple right? Yep! So here's mine from this morning.
S: 2 Corinthians 6:16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; Just as God said,...
O:We are God's temple
A: If we are God's temple, then we should make a great temple for Him. Meaning that we should take care of ourselves for God. I should be a living temple for Him. So also, everything that I do should show that I'm God's temple.
P: Hey God, thank you for today. Please help me to take care of myself for You. And please let everything I do show that I'm Your temple. In Your name I pray, Amen.
Well I'm off to write more of my book! Have a great day y'all!
Love Wins,
Hayley
Ps. Try doing a S.O.A.P. this week!

5 comments:

Penny said...

Thanks for sharing your SOAP today.

Hayley said...

You're welcome. You should do one of yours!

Amber Hann said...

hayley! i love that you have a blog! keep posting SOAPS.. that rocks!

Lauren said...

Pretty darn snazzy...:) I like it!

We used to do SMAC, similar only it was:

Scripture, memorization, application, and how you can change to follow this scripture.

Everybody used to laugh when we referred to SMACing our scripture- LOL.

Thanks for sharing!

Hayley said...

Lol cool!!