So if you are someone who isn't afraid of heights, you might want to know why us people who ARE afraid of heights are. The answer? I don't know. It's just the way God made us.
But I can tell you what I think about when I'm faced with heights. Haha the reason I'm talking about this is because tonight we're going rock climbing with our youth group. I've been before, but I mostly just um. What's it called? When you don't climb but you hold the rope for the climber and stuff...Ugh I forgot! Well anyway, that's what I end up doing cause I just can't climb. If I do, it's only half way up. Then I HAVE to go back down. I just can't go any higher or I totally freak out.
So when I'm climbing, this is basically what goes through my head: 'Oh gosh, oh gosh. What if this doesn't hold me? What if my friend can't hold me? Oh no I'm slipping...AAh too far up! What if I fall or something!' Then I quickly look down and tell my partner to let me down. SLOWLY. Then the whole time of that, 'Oh my gosh oh my gosh. Slow! aaah, oh my goodness....!!!'
Yeah. Even when my friends help me by telling me where to put my feet and hands and encourage me, it's hard for me. My hands get clammy, I get dizzy, I can't think straight, and I shake. All over.
So tonight, I am going to try hard to not let my fear get in the way!
Why do I not trust the equipment? I don't know. I always doubt the safety of things. Especially roller coasters, other rides, rock climbing stuff...I think that's one of the main things behind my fear.
So there you have it...
Love Wins,
Hayley
P.S. I am doing a soap everyday like I said I would! Woohoo!
I graduated?!
10 years ago

3 comments:
Silly Girl....BELAY...that is what you do mostly. ;) I know that becasue I have the same fear. Any time the equipment creaks around I think "Great, I have met my fate. This thing's gonna snap at any second....." EVEN WITH my bud's encouragement. So that's my rock climbing tale. Did you go to Solid Rock?
OHH yeah!!! Belay!! haha that's what I did. Lol sweet!
Yeah we went to Solid Rock. It's great. lol,
Thanks for posting about your rock climbing. I forgot you did that!!! I'm glad you had fun.
Post a Comment